Sion
Fountain of the Lion

Standing in the middle of Rue du Grand-Pont, the Lion Fountain was built in 1610 near the northern corner of Rue des Châteaux, then moved to the middle of the Grand-Pont, next to the Grenette, before moving to its current location in 1984, to free up the axis of the street. Listed in the canton's inventory of historic monuments, it was essential for watering cattle and ensuring the smooth running of the market, which was already held on this street at the time.


The Pictorial Guide of the Cyclades
© fusions.ch 1988-2025
All rights reserved for all countries